Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cheers to 21 years!

Dress: Marshalls (similar) // Necklace: Forever 21 (similar) // Shoes: Cato's (super old, similar here) // Purse: Kate Spade (similar) // Watch: Michael Kors (similar) // Chain Bracelet: J.Crew Factory // Bangle: Marshalls (similar)

Hello everyone!!

First off, I apologize for not having a post up yesterday. I had every intentions of posting a birthday themed post yesterday, but with the end of the year wrapping up time just got the best of me. Today to make up for it, I' sharing a recap of my 21st birthday yesterday with you all!

In a previous post I had mentioned for some reason I wasn't super excited for my birthday this year. Something about me is that I really don't like change. Turning another year older meant more responsibilities and more adulating (which, I low key suck at haha), but as the days to my birthday came closer and closer I realize maybe growing up isn't such a bad thing after all. I mean, we can't help that we're getting older, so why not embrace it?

WOW. Sorry, did not mean to go into some rant about how life is short, but thought it would be fun to share my thought process with you all. Now, without further ado, here's my birthday recap! (:

From the second it turned midnight my birthday was filled with so much love. I started the day off with a traditional birthday breakfast with RJ! Funny thing is, we always go to IHOP for my birthday breakfast (which BTW sign up online and they'll send you free pancakes for your birthday!) but the IHOP we usually go to was being renovated that morning. /: We decided to head off to Panera instead, which is always just as good. (: I got a chance to enjoy my favorite breakfast sandwich and a free coffee cake for my birthday!

After breakfast I headed off to class to take my Business Law exam. If you follow me on Twitter (which, btw, you should because sometimes I like to think I'm funny on there! haha) you may know that I have been trying to get out of my exams due to the fact it was my birthday week. Follow up on that, apparently your 21st birthday isn't a valid excuse for getting out of an exam..

Thankfully I only had one class yesterday and was able to enjoy the rest of my day with some friends! I came back to my apartment and was surprised to see that my lovely roomies had decorated my door for my birthday! I had also opened some gifts from friends and am truly so lucky to have some amazing people in my life.



One of my gifts was a selfie stick from my friend Kody! It's one of those gifts where I would never purchase one for myself, but would get a big kick out of it if I was gifted it. Not going to lie, this was up there with my favorite gifts I have ever received... haha!

The only thing I had planned to do for my actual birthday was a dinner at Fahrenheit, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite places in Charlotte! Before dinner RJ and I headed out to take some (outfit) shots for the blog!


Being the fashion - obsessed girl that I am, it was so hard for me to settle on a birthday dress to wear. I told one of my friends that I wanted to look "twenty-fun, but still like a classy grandma." hahaha. I finally settled on a royal blue shift dress and my favorite wedges! If you've been following me for a while, you know I love shift dresses, especially for dinners because they hide your food baby!


Once we got to dinner I was able to order my first legal drink! Nothing screams "classy grandma" than a glass of white wine!


Also, S/O to these guys who always let me dress them and color coordinate with me! Living in Charlotte would not be the same without them!


Quick S/O to my amazing roommates as well! So happy they were able to come to my birthday dinner and celebrate with me!! 




It was such a fun experience to turn 21 on the 21st floor! Also, I was not expecting to have dessert so it was such a nice surprise and to have everyone sing to me!

WHEW. That was a lot to go over! I had so much fun celebrating my birthday yesterday and want to thank everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday! I felt so loved and it was such a fantastic day! Here's to being 21! 

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

Shop my outfit: 

Post a Comment

0 Comments