Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Adorable DIY Halloween eyeball votives

These cute cheesecloth and paper wrapped votives are an easy Halloween DIY decoration! 


I just adore these spooky little votives dressed up for Halloween. I made two versions -- a black paper option and a cheesecloth one that looks like tiny little mummies: 
DIY mummy glass votives
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. 
See my policies and disclosure page for more information.

They are SO cute! 

For the first version you'll need black construction paper or card stock. I started these paper wrapped Halloween votives by cutting black card stock into strips using my wavy craft scissors. 

I made sure they were long enough to go around the glass votive once:black strips of paper for Halloween candlesYou can also tear pieces of paper and glue them on, but I thought this was much easier!

Before you glue the paper on, grab a hole punch and make "eyes" all down the strip:
black paper eyeball Halloween decor
Hot glue the start and end of the strip to the back:
cute eyeball votives for Halloween
Keep going with the strips till you get to the top. I think I had about five strips per candle, but you could do less if you made them thicker.

Then, I used a black Sharpie to complete the eyes:
black paper eyeball Halloween candlesI made them go every which way -- and some crossed-eyed. Those are my favorites! ;)

For the little mummy votives, I took some googly eyes and hot glued them all over the votive holder:
googley eye mummy votives

It's OK if glue smudges out, you won't see it later.

I took some inexpensive cheesecloth, cut it into strips and wrapped it like a mummy:
cute cheesecloth mummy votivesUM, I know! Cuteness!! I just hot glued one end, then wrapped it and hot glued the other end. I used one long, skinny piece of the cheesecloth for each votive.

I dropped in some LED votives (they are all I use for decor like this anymore -- love them!), and this is what you get:
cheesecloth mummy candle craft
eyeball Halloween crafty candles

Mummy and black eyeball votives
At night, the cuteness really shines through:
DIY Halloween eyeball candles
Oh my goodness gracious, they are adorable:
black and white eyeball votives for HalloweenWhat a fun project to do with the kids! My guy is still a little too small to do this one, but with some supervision, and an adult handling the hot glue, they could definitely join in.

I made eight of them for ten bucks -- but I bought new votive holders and googly eyes because what I had were too small. Cheap!

See how I used them on our Halloween mantel here. And you can use your extra cheesecloth to make these cute cheesecloth ghosts! 

Do you love my little ghouls?

Post a Comment

0 Comments